Monday, March 4, 2019

Missouri Color Story - The Quilt



This one was quilted before I got sick and
I've only now gotten the binding and sleeve finished.




I used four different colors of Glide thread:
Graphite for the sky,
Aloe for the borders,
a warm variegated brown for the dirt,
and Silver for the barn itself.



I'm especially pleased with the texture of the dirt and sky.




I used organic (wavy) lines for the barn siding.




I added only minimal details for the doors and windows.




Missouri Color Story now hangs in our foyer.


Finished size 39" x 39"

* * *

If you've never tried building a barn of your own,
get an autographed copy of my book 
BUILD A BARN-No Pattern Construction
 directly from me for almost the same 
price as Amazon Prime.

 ($15.00 plus $7.50 domestic USPS Priority Mail shipping)


Quiltdivajulie

2 comments:

  1. Its beautiful Julie. I am so hope you feel better soon. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the barn fabric with lilac touches. Great quilting also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts!