Saturday, April 23, 2016

AQS Paducah 2016


Photo by SSOBB Charter Member Cherie Moore (quiltedjonquil.com)
Photo will supersize if double-clicked

This was my first public presentation for BUILD A BARN.

I enjoyed sharing everything about my free pieced barn project:
* the possibilities that come with free piecing,
* the book's cover quilt SEE ROCK CITY,
* the book's SEASONAL SAMPLER that will travel
 with the Showcase for the next year,
* the Secret Society of Barn Builders, and 
* the SSOBB Gallery Quilts.

I also enjoyed hearing stories shared by those in attendance
about barns belonging to family members and
different styles of barns from around the country.

So many told me they have wanted to create a barn quilt
but just hadn't found a way to make that happen.

Their excitement about using the free piecing technique
and process notes/ideas from BUILD A BARN
to create their own long-thought-about barns
gave me goose bumps of joy.

* * *

To those who were there -
Thank you very much for sharing that hour with me.

I can't wait to see what you create!


Quiltdivajulie

p.s.  There are more photos and stories about this event on my personal blog - CLICK HERE.















1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! Definitely a goosebumps of joy experience Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts!